Re: Lift?don't think it can be done36's

From: Ohm347@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 21:15:40 EST

In a message dated 02/14/2000 10:52:09 AM Pacific Standard Time,
MBrown@ciena.com writes:

<< 12.50" wide tire. I know I need to go with an offset rim, but I don't
want to cut any metal.

 -Mike >>
you can't fit that on your truck. if you offset it inwards you will rub the
frame violently. outwards you will rip the fenders and tires to shreads.
petersen's 4wheel & off road could only squeeze a 35 under a ram with out
rubbing after a 5 inch lift(if memory serves me).
the wheel wells on a dakota are smaller than a ram. you will have to trim
the openings to clear a tire of that magnitude and you don't have a lot of
room to maneuver with between the wheel well and the doors. the extreme
dakota everyone was talking about earlier was lifted close to a foot to fit
the 39.5's it runs and they don't enter the wheel wells in the slightest when
it is sitting level.
sorry man. i want 35's x 9.5 on my 98 but i don't think it can be done
without some custom lift work.
good luck
you are going to need it
derek