Re: Alpine Vs Kenwood cd player comparision (non dak)

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 21:27:11 EST

I do have to agree with Dester. I'm on my second Alpine and I think I can
count the number of times mine skipped on one hand.... before it broke...
the lasers are good, but they wear out fast... I went to a car stereo
seminar with a car stereo salesman buddy of mine and all the guy talked
about was the shotty lasers Alpine has been putting in it's newer
players... My old Alpine went through 2 lasers before I sold it, and my
current one is on it's second laser since I've had it. But it does sound
better than the Kenwoods I've heard, and it's under a 4 year warrantee =)
so it can break all it wants =)

-mike d.

---> Yorktown, Va.
88 Dakota LE: slammed, painted, and PARKED =(

miggitymike@juno.com
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html

On Sun, 13 Feb 2000 18:45:27 EST Dester223@aol.com writes:
> After the discussion of the Alpine and Kenwood headunits on the list.
> would like to conclude that the alpine is a much better unit in it's
> lazer
> pickup. There is a pretty badly scratched up CD (hm.. I can't think
> of
> anyone who has a CD player without one)
>
> Anyways. in my 3disk alpine indash changer. it plays the CD and
> skips a
> little bit. Tested the same disk in my sister's Kenwood 3009, then
> my
> friend's 8009 (which I sold him) and both their CD players skipped
> to hell.
> you wouldn't even want to hear it. So. I'd like to just inform
> people that
> there is a difference in CD players, and that some have a better
> lazer pick
> up than others.
>
> Funny thing is. I took the same CD inside and put it in my CD-Rom
> and it
> skips a lot too... not as bad as the kenwood, but a lot more than
> the
> alpine, and there are spots where it keeps on repeating the same
> skip and
> can't play it...
> just some food for thought.
> -Dester