Alpine Vs Kenwood cd player comparision (non dak)

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 13 2000 - 18:45:27 EST

After the discussion of the Alpine and Kenwood headunits on the list. I
would like to conclude that the alpine is a much better unit in it's lazer
pickup. There is a pretty badly scratched up CD (hm.. I can't think of
anyone who has a CD player without one)

Anyways. in my 3disk alpine indash changer. it plays the CD and skips a
little bit. Tested the same disk in my sister's Kenwood 3009, then my
friend's 8009 (which I sold him) and both their CD players skipped to hell.
you wouldn't even want to hear it. So. I'd like to just inform people that
there is a difference in CD players, and that some have a better lazer pick
up than others.

Funny thing is. I took the same CD inside and put it in my CD-Rom and it
skips a lot too... not as bad as the kenwood, but a lot more than the
alpine, and there are spots where it keeps on repeating the same skip and
can't play it...
just some food for thought.
-Dester