Cams?

From: Jeremiah Siembida (hemimopar426@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 00:04:17 EST

Mike,
That Mopar cam P5249549, I quoted is 419 bucks from Mancini Racing
(1-800-843-2821)

Also, if you didn't get the 2000 MPP catalog, your 97 Dak has a puter for a:
  *auto trans, unless noted*
4x2 *Cal. emissions*: P4876262
4x4 Federal emissions: P4876486
4x2 Manual Trans: P4876261
These are all for the 97 5.2L. I am going to try a MP computer for my '96
first, as it's only $260 from Mancini.
Summit has it, but wants $325 for it. Check around, you should be able to
get that stuff cheaper.
I am in North Dakota, and NOTHING is cheap here, so I shop around.

In my engine, do I have stock roller lifters? Should I get new ones?
I went to Comp cams,a nd Crane Cames websites,a dn ordered free catalogs. I
also got Edelbrock, I think.
I'll look that up. I want a hi-performance cam, and low maintenance. I am
new to the hobby,a nd am learning. Adjusting valve
lash every 300 miles would get old. That's mechanical cams, correct?
Roller cams shouldn't need any
maintenance, right?

Thanks for the input.
Black '96 Dak Sport CC 4x4, V-8 Magnum