Speed Density to MAF

From: dakota_24 (dakota_24@email.msn.com)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 00:32:39 EST

Ok on to the theory - suppose we put in a 160 thermostat (or whatever is
less than the
magic temp) which wont allow the engine to reach the magic threshold that
tells the
computer that it has warmed up now - its ok to go closed loop. O2 sensor
isnt a
problem now and ALL the time we are reading from that built-in map.
Built-in map -
thats constant! Using EGT sensors or a wide-band O2 sensor - cant we
basically make
the motor do pretty much ANYTHING we want? Just up the fuel pressure or
bigger
injectors to match the extra breathing at ALL rpms? Sounds good - at least
part of
it. That dang 160 degrees stands out like a sore thumb tho. Cant imagine
much power
with a cold motor. Have you noticed that some of those 12s trucks run 160
thermostats? Will this work or Where is it falling apart? Any ideas?

ok on theory if all this hinges on lets say a 160 deg thermo but we all know
that isnt good for the perf why not give the puter a false code with a
resistor in the wire to the water temp sensor ??
Chris