Re: Idle Search on the 4.7

From: Nate Johnson (natedak2k@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 10:22:34 EST

Hmmm, mine does almost exactly the opposite. I always thought it was
kinda odd but sort of dismissed it. Say I'm cruising down the highway
running 2000 rpm or so. If I push in the clutch and let off the gas (no
the cruise is not on!!!) the engine will keep running at 2000 rpm for a
few seconds and then VERY SLOWELY wind down to idle! I'm used to down
shifting to slow down and this problem make the downshifting thing almost
useless sometimes! Is this normal or is my truck being weird!!!

Nate.

>Basically the problem is that after reaching normal operating temperature
>and disengaging the clutch while coming to a stop the RPM s will bounce
>back
>and forth between 400 - 900 until you come to a stop and then it settles
>down to a normal idle.

=====
Nate, Ogden UT
http://www.geocities.com/natedak2k
00 Dakota CC 4X4, 5-speed, LSD, 3.92 Rear, 4.7L/287ci, Po'boy cold air w/ K&N, Forest Green, Extang BlackMax Tonneau
"D2K"