Idle Search on the 4.7

From: Slakies (Slakie@erols.com)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 20:13:20 EST

Last week I wrote about an idle search problem on the 2000, 4.7, 5 speed.
Basically the problem is that after reaching normal operating temperature
and disengaging the clutch while coming to a stop the RPM s will bounce back
and forth between 400 - 900 until you come to a stop and then it settles
down to a normal idle. Several people responded that they had the same
problem. I brought my Dak into the local 5 star dealer in Northern Virginia
and the Tech and shop foreman both acknowledged the problem. They further
stated that they were in touch with DC tech support who also acknowledged
the problem and advised that they were working on it and that it would most
likely result in a TSB within the next month. The dealership said that I
would likely get word on this before they do.

Ron S.