Octane Booster Advice

From: Neal Arita (neal@heide-cook.com)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 22:13:50 EST

I apologize in advance, but I can't remember if this topic
was discussed before, but do Octane boosters really help?
I have the following set-up
Jet Stage II chip, 180 Degree T-stat, Jet Underdrive Pulley,
Gibson Shorty Headers, Gibson Single Cat Back, Quick D TB,
K&N (stock box). My understanding is that it will probably not
help, unless I am experiencing knocking (and I am not).
Highest Octane here is 92 (in Hawaii). Any recommendations
appreciated.

Neal Arita - from Hawaii
'97 5.2L, CC, Auto (ordered silblades today)