Re: Octane Booster Advice

From: Neal Arita (neal@heide-cook.com)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 17:42:35 EST

>From: Bob Tom <tigers@bserv.com <mailto:tigers@bserv.com> >
>Subject: Re: DML: Octane Booster Advice
> (ordered silblades today)

>Neal

>I came across an article on the net quite a while ago that did a study
>on the effects of octane boosters. <<BIG snip>>

Bob,

Thanks for the post. I'm not sure I've digested the whole thing...
My head's spinning now...but, I would like more info if you find some.
Question: Other than trying to get rid of pinging or pre-ignition, then
it seems that there is no "real" benefit to higher octane. Right?
In trying to get our engines (in various stages of modification) to be
as efficient as possible, understanding the quality of fuel seems very
important. nahhhh....maybe I'll just keep fillin' er up with 92.

BTW, if ANYONE wants to try a Tornado for stock '97+ Dak
air filter set-up, I have one (the Tornado is that thing you put
in the inlet air hose - suppose to increase HP and MPG).
I'LL MAIL IT TO YOU FREE. It's collecting dust now. Didn't
work for me. Wondering if it would help with those who are
having pinging problems.

I've set up my Dyno date for Tuesday. I'm going to test stock air box
vs. 10" FABM set-up while I'm at it. I'll let you know results after
testing.
I'm looking for 210 RWHP...

Neal Arita - from Hawaii
'97 5.2L, CC, Auto