Re: Re: Tranny temp gauge manifold/adapter

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 17:47:40 EST

> Bob Tom wrote:
>
> > At 09:31 AM 2/15/00 -0600, you wrote:
> > > <snip>
> > >Oh yeah - for those who dont know - in the Mopar Performance catalog,
> > there is
> > >a little aluminum adapter block that goes between one of the tranny
cooling
> > >lines and the tranny just for mounting the temp gauge sender. I
thought I
> > was
> > >gonna have to drill and tap the pan - NOT! MP-a love hate relationship
8-)

> > Got a part number for that adapter? TIA.
> >

> Sure - it is found on page 126 (gauge section) of the 1999 MP catalog.
There
> are 2 part numbers: one is for 5/16 O.D. tubing - P4876057 and one is for
3/8
> O.D. tubing - P4876058. Description is "Temperature Adapters - Manifold
allows
> you to use the transmission temperature sending units. Can be installed
in the
> transmission lines without pan or transmission modifications. Does not
include
> temperature senders or gauges."

Why not just buy B&Ms tranny temp kit for $40? It includes the temp guage
housed in nice black ABS plastic, sending unit, T fittings, wiring and
everything/anything else needed. I am thinking about get the B&M kit, just
not sure where would be the optimal place to 'tap' in the tranny line(s) at.
I was thinking about using the lines running into my tranny cooler, since
the fluid entering the cooler should really be 'uncooled' ATF, right?
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6