Street Truck Article

From: Steve St.Laurent (saint1958@home.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 11:00:36 EST

This month article in the Street Truck Magazine was on Kenne Bell Whipple
Supercharger. It seems Kenne crew modified the SC for optimization. Along
with the Sc there is a new KB wire harness, new AC mounts, new gaskets for
the TB, and few other items that makes the SC get it's full 55 percent gain.
To put the SC in, it comes with a serious photographed manual, displaying
every step for installation.

This is what I was referring to with OEM SC units and why they cost more
than buying it from the manufacture or off-the-shelve. The performance
centers improved the product, find out what will leak, break under stress,
need modifications etc. Sometimes for the normal backyard mechanic, the
best route to go is having a performance center do the installation or buy
the kit. Anyway, the stock Durango came with a 5.2 (1999) and rear wheel HP
was rated at 171HP. After the installation (mild boost at 8PSI), the SC
gains was around 267HP to the rear wheel. Amazing!

Steve St.Laurent
2000 DC Dakota 4.7, CC, 4x2, 3:55 (soon 330HP)
2000 Roush Mustang Stage I (awaiting the new SC)