00 Dak Idle Search, Shift Light, ignition switch light.

From: Curt Coulter (curt@cjnetworking.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 16:21:34 EST

Hello all,

I've been lurking for a couple months while waiting for my 2000 Dakota Quad
(SLT+, 4.7, 5spd, 3.92 lsd, 4x4, dark garnet,
http://home.earthlink.net/~coulterc). Mine does the idle search thing, but
has only stalled on my once while doing it. Settles down to about 600 rpm
when i'm stopped. The shift light doesn't work on mine, but the owner's
manual says that not all vehicles have it. I was kind of pleased that it
wasn't telling me when to shift actually. Also, the clear ring around the
ignition switch does not light up like I expected it to.

I'd like to hear from other 2000 Dak owners about whether their shift and
ignition lights work..

Thanks!

-Curt
curt@cjnetworking.com