New Rockford Fosgate subwoofers for my Dak! Which AMP should I get?!!!!

From: dugan (dugan@iland.net)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 17:38:26 EST

    Ok, you speaker experts here, I need a little bit of help. Today I
bought a set of Rockford Fosgate truck subwoofer enclosures for my Dakota
(which is on order STILL). They are the RTR1102 10" punch woofers. They
each come in their own truck box. Got the set for $180 including tax.
    Anyways, on Rockford Fostages web site, it says that they can take 100
RMS power and 200 peak power. My question to you all, is what rockford
fosgate amp should I get for these speakers? I want to get pretty close to
the RMS (continuous) power of 100 watts per speaker. I need to get a 2
channel rockford fosgate Punch amp, but there are a bunch of different ones
available and im not quite sure which one I need.
    The one that appeared to be closest to the power I need is the 360a2
which is 90watts x 2 at 4 ohms. I am not really sure if I need to run this
at 4 ohms or 2 ohms, but I would like the best sound and want a system that
will thump pretty loud when I want it to (by the way Im getting the infinity
8 speaker system with cd player and cassette player in my dakota). The
cheaper option for me would be to get the 160a2 amp which will give 80 watts
x 2 at 2 ohms.
    Anyways.... I would just like to know what some of you think and which
amp (out of all the rockford amps, not just the 2 that I mentioned) would be
the best for my speakers overall, I dont want so much power that I end up
blowing the subs, But I would like to make sure I get adequate power and
sound from these subs. Thank you for your time.

-Tom-