Why I drive a DAKOTA

From: Darren Asuncion (dakotaguy1999@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 20:27:58 EST

My Dak is a 1999 Intense Blue 4x4 CC Sport, automatic, 5.2 V8, 3.55 w/ lsd,
Sport + package, Heavy Duty Service group, 4 wheel antilock brakes, Skid
plate group, Deluxe convenience group, Light group, Sliding rear window,
40/20/40 front seat, agate interior, Dodge bedliner. Mods: added 5x7" power
mirrors, mopar molded (expensive) mudflaps, mopar tow hook package, mopar
bug deflector, premium Chrysler am/fm/cassette/cd stereo.

Things I like : Intense Blue stands out!!, biggest "compact" truck, best
value (power, size, price), V8 POWER!, most-capable "compact" truck, awesome
unique styling, doesn't have a "cheap" feel like other compact trucks, women
love it :), awesome payload rating, fits 4x7 plywood between wheel wells!,
starts up w/o a hitch here in Alaska, and it gives you access to the
awesome DML :)

Things I dislike: Still haven't found a decent service department, too many
little problems (ie: *pinging*, *paint runs*, fog light switches, leaks,
weird catalytic converter smells, etc.), V8 power = 13mpg or less :(,
slushy-shift automatic, somewhat cramped Club-Cab rear seating (would
consider a Ram next time).

If I could buy another dak, it would be a "new" 1999 equipped just like
mine, except with 3.93's, the heaviest payload option, perhaps a 5spd
manual, leather steering wheel, Infinity speaker pkg, power overhead
console, NV-242 transfer case, etc. (basically all the other 'stuff' I
didn't order on mine...didn't think I'd miss 'em at the time). Or I'd take
a 1992-1996 4x4 CC V8 I could modify for more power and off-road stuff!

Other Mopars: 1992 Plymouth Acclaim V6, 1994 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0

-Darren Asuncion