Re: Halo Light

From: Darren Asuncion (dakotaguy1999@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 00:26:43 EST

HI there,
    After tearing apart the steering column on my 99 Dak, I found that the
halo light was not pre-wired. Turns out starting with the '99 model year
the halo-light was no longer offered, even if you got all the lighting
options like I did. I did some research tonight, and found the halo light
was wired differently on the 97-up Daks...it doesn't use the round silver
relay in the fuse box like the older Daks (and many other Chrylser vehicles
such as my 92 Ply. Acclaim). There isn't even a spot for this relay to plug
into on either of the two fuseboxes. All I need to find out now is where
exactly they wired the 97 and 98 Dak Halo lights, and will wire my 99
similarly. The use of the relay you described below would also be another
option, though it would probably take more additional wires as the newer
Daks dont have a spot in the fusebox... Sorry for making this long, and
really there ARE people out there watching these posts (and learning from
them!), I've just been quite busy until lately to post any sort of

-Darren Asuncion

99 Intense Blue CC Sport + 4x4, 5.2 V8, Auto, 3.55 lsd
http://www.geocities.com/dakotaguy1999/dakota.html