Re: 92 Dak, rear window gasket needed.

From: Mark Johnson (mAARk@wrlc.org)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 17:18:41 EST

At 01:32 PM 02/17/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>I have one off an 88, but does your window gasket wrap all the way
>around your rear window, or does it just grab the outside edge?
>In the earlier one the window sticks out a litte more and won't seal
>in a 93 correctly as Dodge changed the gasket/window setup sometime
>between 89-91.
>( I have the older one it's yours if you think it will fix.)

I had to read this several times, but I think I understand ;-). My current
slider has a
single sliding window (might be factory) that was replaced with a thin
piece of
plexiglass that you could push out easily. The gasket has a wide groove
that the
entire width of the slider sets in so there is no overhang of the window frame.
The replacement I bought has a much wider aluminum frame that has a ridge all
the way around about the thickness of a glass window. It appears that a
gasket for
a plain glass rear window would also fit around this slider. It would
however leave
the frame overhanging the gasket. If the windows openings are the same size
on the
88 and 92 then I think this will work.

I just checked the E-bay ad, and he advertised it as fitting '86-'96
Dakotas, so I think
your gasket is probably what I need. I'm located in Pasadena Maryland,
where are
you?

Sorry to be so long winded, thanks!

Mark Johnson (mAARk) Pasadena, Maryland. '92 Dakota V6/Auto daily driver!
1970 AAR 'Cuda, Sassy Grass Green, weekend cruiser and rough show car.
1973 Challenger, Med. Blue, 318/2bbl,daily driver,future 360 muscle car!
1940 Chrysler Royal Coupe,440/auto,under construction, future street rod!
See my cars and my huge AAR gallery @ http://aar.moparweb.com (Thanks Chris!)