Re: Attn: Current Nitrous Dakotas

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 20:57:59 EST

In a message dated 2/17/00 11:38:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ashort@flash.net writes:

> Since I'm new to the Nitrous Oxide, I wanted to poll the owners of
> Dakotas who currently run N20.
> What is the worst thing that ever happened to your Dak while "on the
> juice" and what, if any, have been the long term affects.
>
> I don't care to hear from anyone who hasn't run it on a Dak.

Alan been running it for 4 or 5 years I guess and really had only one
problem. That was when I went to using the MP computer which required timing
retard. I obtained that by using the MDS 6A and the MSD multi-step retard
box. The problem was that the retard box was faulty and didn't retard. About
3/4 down the track she got to detonating and I thought the hood was going
airborn. On the return road the truck quit and I had to unhook the MSD stuff
to get it going. I made18 runs after that the same day using the stock
computer for juice and MP for non-juice runs. This was before a lot of my
mods but ran a 13.33 @ 101+ . When I got home I pulled the plugs and founf 2
and 4 were missing most of the side electrode but nothing else was affected.
As long as you go by the rules I don't believe you are going to hurt
anything. I have the NOS 125 shot setup with best to date of 12.6 @ 112.

How does your setup work ? is it a plate system ? is it a wet or dry system ?

I am not a street racer and the nitrous suites my needs very well. It is
absolutely the most bang for the buck I have gained as much as 1.7 tenths and
about 10 mph and with absolutely no adverse effects when off the juice.

Good luck with it and keep su posted on them new numbers you'll be running.

Bill