Attn: Current Nitrous Dakotas

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 22:53:13 EST

WillTier@aol.com wrote:

> How does your setup work ? is it a plate system ? is it a wet or dry system ?
>
> I am not a street racer and the nitrous suites my needs very well. It is
> absolutely the most bang for the buck I have gained as much as 1.7 tenths and
> about 10 mph and with absolutely no adverse effects when off the juice.
>
> Good luck with it and keep su posted on them new numbers you'll be running.

Thanks Bill, I like the sound of that...
I run a wet system by Nitrous Express.
I've only made 3 passes on it, but my best is 13.41 @ 100.6 on a 100 shot.
This is up from a 14.22 @ 93.3 best on the motor + stripped of 225 lbs.
I haven't been juicing it on the launch(2.0 60') and I let up a little on the 3-4
shift (wot switched solenoids)because it seemed like it was getting too close to
the rev limiter.
I think I can do better on the 100, I just need more time with it.
All the support I've gotten from other N20 users has been a big comfort to me.
I can get down to business and try for 12's on the 100.
By the way, I've witnessed a air hat explosion. the theory is that the mixture
pools up in the beer barrel intake until it finds an ignition source and
backfires thru the t/b.
It's a big show and usually a nice ding in the hood, but I've seen them drive
away.
I hope to avoid that since I run a M1.
Alan S.