Re: Drug of Millenium was " Why I drive a Dakota?"

From: kwjohn@mindspring.com
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 00:04:36 EST

Shotgun for a (radar clocked) 148mph blast in a 1969 Monte Carlo with a
Vette engine/drivetrain. We ran outta country farm road before we ran
outta engine. Cop asked if we'd gotten it out of our system (we said
yes), he told us how fast we were going so we'd not need to do that
again (ever), and then let us go. ?!?

145mph in my 1992 Mazda MX-3GS. Got behind a black AMG Mercedes on the
I-55 highway between Bloomington and Chicago, and kept it going for
about 45 minutes. I chickened out when we started dealing with traffic
around Joliet. Going fast for that long is a scary test of relative
perspective, cause you slow down to "only" 75mph and feel like you're
going nowhere.

Kurt