RE: Drug of Millennium was " Why I drive a Dakota?"

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 23:36:34 EST

(1) Highway 17 in my old Capri (2.6L Ford Eurosport Engine / 5 Speed) -
100+MPH through Scotts Valley and the CHP was loosing ground in his 5.0.
Pulled me over when I hit the ruch hour at the Highway 1 onramp and told me
"You were leaving me like I was standing still. I know these can't go that
fast so if you can impress me, i'll write you up for 75mph and we'll leave
it at that." I popped open the hood and showed him the little V6 with a
Holley 500CFM 4-BBL, Custom Built Headers, Offenhauser Intake, Compact Ford
Performance Suspension, hehehehehe....he was impressed.

(2) Highway 17 in the old Camaro - (Los Gatos to Santa Cruz in 10
minutes)...it's a very nice, twisty road at 120+MPH.

(3) Highway 101 towards Petaluma - This is where the old Camaro topped out
at 162mph...NEVER AGAIN. Well...at least not in the Dak. :)

(4) Hot August Nights return trip (Reno, NV to San Jose, CA) - 3 hours flat
at 2am and a crusing altitude of 130mph. (Old Camaro...again)

(5) Old V45 Magna, had to see how fast they go...145mph. Don't EVER lift
your head at that speed. :)

Hey Ed....Memories again?

- Bernd