po-boy air intake - again

From: Tim J Koth (Tim.J.Koth@aexp.com)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 17:29:31 EST

   I know this has been beaten to death here on the list so I apologise in
advance. I bought some PVC and fittings the other day. When I went to the auto
parts store to get a 6X9 K&N filter, the only one I could find had like a 5"
hole in the base and it was flat. Just how am I supposed to attach the 3" PVC
or a fitting to one of those beasts or is there one that has a 3" outlet with
a lip? Help me please as I'm aeroderfically challenged!!