Some updated info bout my truck and VA meet 3/4 (reallly long)

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@home.com)
Date: Sat Feb 19 2000 - 20:54:57 EST

Welp... i got my modified intake on.. took about 4-5 hours...
Total cost was $75 for junkyard intake, $35 for gaskets, $6 for lunch at
Arby's (for machine work), and $5 for RTV...
I must say right after I put it on.. i was hating my self.... The thing ran
slow as dirt.. i was like.. All this, for nothing... Well.. the more I drove
it... the quiker it got... I noticed quite a bit of lost low end power, and
I heard letting the PCV tube suck a lil ATF on a hot manifold will eat
carbon in the intake... so I let her suck about 1/4 quart while givin it gas
and ect, (didnt smoke much in the driveway) I took off after doing this..
and talk about a smoke cloud... =-) She was a pinging and everything... but
after a mile or so.. no smoke ect.. She still didnt have any low end on
her.. so I was gona get some new plugs (Autolites) but the local Advance
autoparts were outta the ones I needed, so I tryed the Bosch Platnums.. I
got my low end back.. =-) I dunno bout Dyno #'s fer the autolites, but
these gave me what I needed, and they seem great... Only thing that sucked
bout putting them on.. is they are huge, and you have to take off the plug
protector things on the block, and I had to shave the sides down in the
outside of the sparkplug socket to make it fit .. Seems cool to me... My old
sparkplug wires are Accel's and they have been from my 94 Dak.. (Time to
change) So my MSD wires will be here about monday ($60 from Summit)

My hypertech dosent look like its gonna make it before the DML meet in VA on
3/4 (that is about the time they will be shipping them out (what they say,
anyways) Soooooo... With all the aditional mods, I'm expecting lower 15's or
maybe 14's? (prolly not)

Anyways.. if ya wanna see some pics of the intake job, here is a link..
Questions/comments are welcomed coolva1@home.com

http://24.2.42.16/images/ The intake*.jpg's are them... =)
Tim Berry -- Chesapeake, VA
`97 SLT 318 auto CC 2x4 LSD:
Dual Exaust w/Flowmaster, Homemade K&N GEN II, 16" Electric Fan
180 T-stat, Accel 8.5's, Lakewood Traction Bars, F&B Stage 1 TB, Mod'd
intake
ASP Pullies (Crank/Alt), Trans Go Shift Kit, BFG 275/60's, Hypertech PTM
(gettin fixed)
BEST 1/4 15.836 @ 84.93 MPH (exaust, 180 stat, and wires only...)
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ