Re: Cargo Bar!!!!

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 14:19:48 EST

> Ok, was at Pep Boys in Detroit last week and picked up a cargo bar.
> It's an adjustable bar that has rubber "shoes" on each end, basically to
> keep stuff from sliding forward/backward in the bed.
> But the one i got has a ratchet in the middle making it very easy to
adjust
> and remove from the bed. I had picked one up before with just the little
> "snap release" that was a pain in the butt to adjust because you had to
turn
> the screws on each end to make it fit right. This one with the ratchet is
> easy to adjust with just one hand--perfect for me. :)
>
> So it was about $30-$35.
>
> And has anyone put additional tie-down loops on their Dak? I was thinkin
> about getting a couple welded to the inside of the box at the corners
> nearest the cab. Gonna get a spray-in liner so the weld marks won't even
> show up.

Well once you get the spray in liner, you wont need to use the cargo bar!!
My Dak has had a Rhino Liner in for 5 years now, and it is amazing how
things dont slide with the spray on liners. From a case of pop to bookbag,
things dont slide at all. I actually have my Daks bed/tailgate double coated
with Rhino Liner. My Dak came with the drop in plastic liner and it plain
out sucked for my needs, and it ate up the paint by rubbing so much. I did
have a cargo bar at one time, but I think it broke in half, haha. They do
come in handy though, good to know yours will work good. I have seen those
ratchet type bars, but wasnt too sure if they worked as good as they are
advertised to. I currently am using Penda Hide-A-Hooks($40) for tie downs.
These are to be used in the stake pockets.....do the new Daks even have
stake pocket holes??? I like them alot, they rotate up and down, so the bed
rails are flush when you dont need them. Plus they are powdercoated black,
so it matches my over the rail Rhino Liner. Since I have a crossebed tool
box, I miss not having front tie down points. I bought a pair of rubber
coated bed rail clamps which have hooks of the top of them. I got them at
Home Depot for $15. These are nice because they simply clamp to the bed rail
and are rubber coated, so they dont rust. I have them sitting right up
against the tool box, so I have front and rear bed tie down points. Good
Luck!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6