Re: Man I sucked!!!!

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 13:35:37 EST

You're really mushing my mellow! ;-) Let's just say mine was much worse and
for your first time out you did pretty damn good! :-) Besides, by your own
admission, you had fun --which is the whole point of it after all.

I know the feeling getting matched up with a dragster... My very first run
ever, I got matched up with a beat up old station wagon. It was literally
falling apart and I thought, hmmmm this ought to be fun! It wasn't... He ran
a 10 or 11 something and I almost couldn't see his tail-lights at the far end
of the track! :( Talk about getting the wind knocked out of your sails. I
caught up with the guy (much later!) and he turned to be a really cool and said
he'd been racing since he was a kid.
Tom