RE: Condensation in Oil filler tube update (4.7L)

From: Josh Stolarz (jstolarz@loa.com)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 12:46:42 EST

That's really nice. There has to be something that can be done about this. T
hat water in there is not a good thing, and my service manager agreed. I gue
ss we will have to try and fix it ourselves. If anyone out there has a fix t
hat is working, or reduces the problem I love to hear about it.

Josh
http://dakota.jumpautos.com

>Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 06:41:04 -0800 (PST)
>From: Nate Johnson <natedak2k@yahoo.com>
>Subject: DML: Condensation in Oil filler tube update (4.7L)

>Got a call from my service manager yesterday. He said there is a TSB in
<for the Condensation problem finally! he's gonna give me a copy but I
<haven't picked it up yet, I'll post the exact contents when I get it
<(afternoon). Here's the bad news. basically he said the TSB states that
<there is no detrimental effect on the engine and that the "condensation"
<is normal. There will be no "fix" for the problem. He said it goes into
<alot more depth (over a page), I'll post the TSB # and exact contents as
<soon as I pick it up!