Re: Multi-Speed Tranny what is this hokus pokus?

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 16:25:23 EST

What really temps me about buying the new perf computer is that the shifts
might be reprogrammed. Right now I'm kinda wishing I had bought a 5speed.
I like automatics but all my street autos have been ProTrans units built by
Dave Smith. They have full manual reverse valve bodies, 5.0 levers, low
first gear, and sometimes lightweight internals. Add a good converter and
an automatic can be a LOT of fun. A lot easier on parts when you drag
race, more consistent, but still fast and fun if built right.

I'm not going to do this in my Dak, but I would like something a little
more agressive. That's why I was wondering about a Transgo shift kit or
something of that nature. I've already go a tranny cooler. I want to tow
with it a couple of times a year so I wouldn't put a perf. converter in it.
But crisper shifts are actually good with a heavy load as well as for
performance.

Steve Ekstrand, Pasadena, CA Driver: '00 Dakota CC SLT+ 4.7L 3.92SG 255's
Stacey's Driver: '00 Inferno Red Intrepid ES-3.2L-24V Autostick w/Leather
Race Car: 69 1/2 Road Runner 440-6 (ex-NHRA SS/GA future B or C/SA???)
Project Car: 69 Barracuda Notchback (Orig. 318, now 360w/Edelbrock Heads)
Homepage: http://sites.netscape.net/professormopar/homepage