Re: Multi-Speed Tranny what is this hokus pokus?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 19:35:30 EST

At 01:25 PM 2/24/00 -0800, you wrote:
> <snip> but I would like something a little more agressive. That's why
>I was wondering about a Transgo shift kit or something of that nature.
> <snip>
>Steve Ekstrand, Pasadena, CA Driver: '00 Dakota CC SLT+ 4.7L 3.92SG 255's

It may be awhile before Transgo has a kit for the '00 tranny. Even there
current kits don't work 100% of the time with the computer-controlled
trannies. The '00 tranny is a new one (built in Japan?). It uses
the low gear ratio in 2nd on the upshift to 'boost' the torque and
the high gear ratio in 2nd on the downshift to meet emission requirements.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.