RE: Re: Re: Re: shocks advice appreciated

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 22:50:48 EST

PRO-COMP. I've installed several different brands of shocks on my truck to
find the right ones.

Edelbrock (when they were first released) - Returned them right away...too
mushy.
Gabriel - Had to try them...plain out and simple...suck.
Rancho RS5000 - Nice at first, but get really mushy over extended bumpy
terrain. (Blew all four while launching the truck.)
ProComp ES9000 - Past all of my tests (On and Offroad) and haven't blown
them out yet...launched the truck twice so far. (Yeah...I'm a little bit
hard on the suspension...but it's a lot of fun.)

The ProComp's won hands down on ride, handling, and price. (Rancho's are
good shocks as well, but the experience I had with a simple warranty return
took my business away from them...and ProComp gave me a credit for the
Ranchos!!)

- Bernd