Installed Po-Boy Air Intake Today

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 18:24:42 EST

I'm probably the last of the hold-outs but I ditched my FABM and installed the
"cold-air" intake today. A lot of thanks to DML members for suggestions,
examples and instructions! Special thanks to Gilbert Vega for helping me track
down the missing 3" pipe I needed!

The jury is still out on performance for me at this point as I haven't got a
chance to take her for a ride yet but I unplugged to battery and got her all
set for the madden voyage tomorrow.

Some screwy questions though... Is everybody sure no bracing is required for
this thing? There seems to be a lot of pressure on the TB and air hat due to
the weight of it. Also, to make the filter fit I had to shove the pipe into
the filter (past the rubber gasket) an inch or so... Is this a problem?
Thanks!
Tom

P.S. Bernd ya' better have your sh*t together on this mod! As you may recall,
you started this... :-)