New Member

From: Paul Taglini (ptaglini@mediaone.net)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 19:32:01 EST

Greetings Fellow DML Members,

Just wanted to introduce myself as the proud owner of an older Dakota here
in Snowy, Icy, Salty New Hampshire.

It is a '91 V6 4X4 5-spd CC AC, black with red pin stripes, with about 103K
miles, mostly stock, except for a few cosmetic options, such as hood and
side window air deflectors, windshield visor w/integrated running lights,
soft Tonneau cover, 235/75-15 Dunlop Radial Rover OWL tires. In the summer
of '98, the AC was converted to R134A, while it was in the shop for a leak
repair. That cost me about 500 bucks (repair and conversion), but I feel
better not worrying about a Freon leak.

I've had it for about five years and have had no major problems, but, of
course with any vehicle that has this many miles and years on it (including
ten years of winter salt exposure), parts will wear out and need to be
replaced. Fortunately, I'm able to do a lot of the work myself.
Unfortunately, I have no garage to work in, so it's driveway only, which
means if it's winter, I'll usually have someone else do the work, unless I
can mickey mouse the problem enough to get to spring.

So that's my story. I hope I haven't bored you all as I tried to keep it
brief.

Thanks for listening, folks, and Keep On Truckin'.

Paul Taglini