Headlights---Sux!

From: blackdak (blackdak@twcny.rr.com)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2000 - 20:09:52 EST

Here is the problem, I bought some Ultra white type headlights for my 2000
Dakota because the guy showed me in the book where the 55/60 W were
comparable to 85/90W in a conventional light. Well anyway they suck worst
than my originals......less light and it's kinda blue. So I bought a set of
Hella 9007 replacements 80/100W and got to looking at the FSM and the
headlight wires are a rinky 18ga wire. I think these are too small for the
100w high beam.

100W/12V = 8.3 Amps (or actually 7.5 amps at 13.5V) Plus from the looks of
the circuit it is switched directly through the headlight switch with no
headlight relay. (took a quick look, could be wrong)

Is anybody running these in a 97+ Dakota? Like 'em? Will my headlight
switch, wires, lenses, or refletors burn up? Thanks for any ideas. I will
probably just run a couple or relays or someting. Are the sockets available
someplace for a 9007 bulb?

Thanks,
Gary