Re: Headlights---Sux!

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 02:19:40 EST

First off. I'd like to tell every DMLer that they should upgrade the wiring
to their headlights. If you know how to splice 2 wires, run a power and
ground wire into a 5 dollar radio shack relay. you can do this.

basically. with a 12v automotive relay. run the power wire to it, run the
ground./
NOW. here's the tricky part. turn your headlights on and of the 3 wires
that goes into your headlight socket/harness connector... test them to see
which one is "hot" with your regular beams on. (i am sure it's purple
stripped on a 97 dakota) cut that wire and the end that came from the truck.
 put that into the "remote" fittin in the relay.

Your relay now has 1 more output connection. Run a wire from that into the
other part of the headlight wire you spliced. that should connect straight
to the headlight and boom. MORE LIGHT! if you want a balanced light output.
get 2 relays and try to run the same lengths of wires to both headlights so
you don't loose power and have "unbalanced" headlights.
-Dester

PS. I have 80/100 watt bulbs in my truck and it's been a couple months with
no problems to date.

<< Is anybody running these in a 97+ Dakota? Like 'em? Will my headlight
 switch, wires, lenses, or refletors burn up? Thanks for any ideas. I will
 probably just run a couple or relays or someting. Are the sockets available
 someplace for a 9007 bulb?

 Thanks,
 Gary >>