Re:3.92 gears required with 5speed manual tranny and 4.7v8?????

From: Phil L. (blkdak2k@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 17:20:14 EST

snip
>Ok, I have heard several people say that Dodge wont let you order a new
>dakota with the 4.7L v8 and 5 speed manual transmission without getting
>3.92 gears. Somthing about the 3.55 gears burning up the clutch or
>somthing??<

I have a '00 dakota 4.7 manual tranny with 3.55 LSD. I havent heard anything
from Dodge concerning this gear ratio not being good for my transmition. I
did not order the truck, so Im not too sure if this helps you any. It seems
to be just fine(although i would like the 3.92maybe even 4.10 one
day...hehe). Hey if anything does go wrong it should be under
warranty-right?

Phil L.
'00 RC 4.7 5speed sport+
loaded, Linex liner