Re: Rotor questions...

From: Mark Johnson (mAARk@wrlc.org)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 13:10:00 EST

>Thanks for the input. Whenever I have to get my drums/rotors turned I go to
>a machine shop locally that does them for $6 per item.....$14 per rotor is
>what I bet the brake shops charge, and that's crazy. I will probably just
>clean the rotors up and lightly go over them with some fine grit paper.
>Thanks again,
>Kyle
>93 Dakota 4x4 V6
My understanding is that you want to get the directional scuff marks off
the disk
to help break the new pads in. 3M sells a kit I believe, I just use a fine 3M
disk on a 1/4 inch angle grinder and polish out the directional marks left by
the machining process and leave a swirl instead. Oops, I clean it with brake
clean first.

Mark Johnson (mAARk) Pasadena, Maryland. '92 Dakota V6/Auto daily driver!
1970 AAR 'Cuda, Sassy Grass Green, weekend cruiser and rough show car.
1973 Challenger, Med. Blue, 318/2bbl,daily driver,future 360 muscle car!
1940 Chrysler Royal Coupe,440/auto,under construction, future street rod!
See my cars and my huge AAR gallery @ http://aar.moparweb.com (Thanks Chris!)