Re: Need help with picking mods...PLEASE?!?!?!

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 13:18:01 EST

Here's what I found that works the best:

(1) Modified Throttle Body
(2) K&N Gen-II (Modified to fit V6) or QuickD Intake (Remove the rubber flap
inext to the A/C line and Radiator for a cold air effect...no such thing as
Ram-Air on our trucks unless you're driving it at over 100mph all the time.)
(3) Headers & Cat-Back Exhaust
(4) MSD Ignition System with Retard for the Nitrous (2deg for 75hp and 3deg
for the 100hp)
(5) 75-100HP Nitrous Shot (Stick with the 75HP shot for the daily street
romps.)
(6) 3.90:1 Gears wouldn't hurt for better acceleration and won't affect your
mileage too much (maybe -1mpg..driver foot depending.)

Those mods will put your V6 in the 200+ RWHP range and well over 350Ft.Lbs.
of Torque. (I've got the Dyno sheet and numbers to prove it.)

- Bernd