Re: RE: NEW CAT????????????????

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 00:16:40 EST

Loose heat shield around the cat area? as it heats up, the heat shields
expand so it fills in the "gap" and the rattling stops?

My cat was bad a couple thousand miles back. It made funny noises here and
there. I could never single a time out for it. if you're on the gas at the
right RPMs and engine load, I can almost reproduce the sound everytime
though. It's not easy to diagnoise a cat that is about to give on you.
-Dester

<< No, it only rattles sometimes, never during idle. I even got underneath
the
 truck and banged on the cat, it seems solid, and made no noise then...I have
 no idea what else it could be....HELP DAMMIT!!!!!! -Mike