Factory tow hitch and wire near spare tire?

From: Darren Asuncion (dakotaguy1999@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 00:52:05 EST

Hi there,

    Well I've finally decided to get a tow hitch for my Dakota, and I've
opted for the Mopar tow hitch (Class III I think- $130). It will finally be
nice to have a rear tow point! Anyway I was just wondering if anyone here
knows what the wire near the spare tire is for. It is not connected to
anything, and it has a taped up end and a faded white tag. My truck
currently doesn't have trailer hitch wiring, and I was wondering what the
Dakotas with the factory Trailer Tow pkg. have for wiring (4 prong, 5prong,
etc). Thanks in advance!

-Darren Asuncion

1999 Intense Blue CC Sport + 4x4, 5.2 V8, 44-RE auto, 3.55 lsd
http://www.geocities.com/dakotaguy1999/dakota.html