Re: CV Boots

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 21:47:48 EST

Aren't the CV boots quite inexpensive? Since you have the whole joint out
anyways. Why not replace both of em? Saves you from having to worry about
the inner one going bad over time.
-Dester

<< Is there anyway to seal up some tiny holes in the cv boots? Will something
 like RTV work for a small time? Ther boots themselves are not cracked and
 there are no large holes, but I would like to seal these holes up until I
 can get them worked on/replaced. Does anyone know if I can just buy one
 outer cv joint boot? Both sides of my dak has an inner as well as an outer
 cv boot; I need the boot closer to the tire. I need to start looking at
 replacing it 'cause it is leaking. Anyone know how much a boot will cost?
 Kyle
 93 Dakota 4x4 V6