RE: 360 Premag Competition ($5K motor possible)

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 14:28:22 EST

It was a 526CID, by RAD, and was rated with a Carb from MOPAR at 610HP. The
end result was 705HP versus 610HP (a 15-20 percent different). Expect about
between 435HP to 455HP rating with a fuel injector. Now with a Vortech V-2,
changing the T/B, A/F, QuickD Intake, Racing Fuel Pump, K&N Fuel Filter,
etc... and throw in some 32lb injectors from Motorcraft, it will be around
650-675HP. And there is the number at the flywheel. Now adding a balance
Aluminum driveshaft, depending on wheel size (go with 18" on front and 20"
on back for sure gripping), 4:10 to 4:52 gears. Call it the rocket launcher
with those gears. Your number should be around 515HP at the rear wheel. I
would swap the cam to a blower cam (high lift and longer duration).

I can see it happening but the smog, here in CA you may have to run two
Catalysis Converters to pass the test.

Going price at Koller is 2990.00 (odd change) for the 360/380HP.
Steven St.Laurent
Test Engineer
Test Branch, GSD,MCTSSA
MARCORSYSCOM, US Marine Corps