Re: sway-bar on '96

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 02:24:59 EST

>>The only problem with everything is the summint catalog states that the
shocks are pinion corrected for the dakotas. When you get them they are
made
by ground force and i've never heard anything bad about them. The ones I
got
sure don't look like they are corrected but i'm going to stick a tape
measure on them tomorrow and see<<<

shocks? pinion corrected?
if you're talkin' about blocks, from my expereince I've never seen a
pinion corrected block smaller than 4". The only truck I've ever known of
that needed pinion correction at less than 4" other than a Dakota was a
Ford F150 (dude! talk about a pain to dump an F150!!! GEEZ!). Just keep
an eye on the blocks, and keep the U bolts tight. Check the blocks with
every oil change... too many horror stories of rear ends being left on
the street =(

-mike d.

---> Yorktown, Va.
"PROJECT 13's" ... slammed 88 Dakota gettin' a Magnum 360!

miggitymike@juno.com
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.