RE: Re: RE: Throttle Bodies

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 22:36:30 EST

> > > Will a throttle body off of a 318/5.2L V8 magnum engine
> > > work on a 98 3.9L V6?
> >
> > Yes and no.. The bore for the v8 TB is larger than the v6.
> If you enlarge
> > the bore on the intake manifold then you can put the v8 tb
> on otherwise
> the
> > butterflies will snag the intake.
> >
> > Greg
> > 95 DSCC v6 5spd
> > Rahway NJ
> >

> sorry, have to interrupt. The v8 TB will fit, with no intake
> problems. The only problem you might run into is if you get a v8 tb that's
> for a different year than your truck. I've been involved with two of these
> and there are no butterfly snagging problems. Even if it is a different
year
> it will still work with a small amount of work. My stock 99 318 tb went on
> a 98 v6. There is a difference in the throttle linkage, so we simply
opened
> up the shaft of his v6 tb and replaced my v8 tb shaft and then slapped it
on.
> works great.

Ok I could be mistakened about the butterflies hitting, but the v6 intake
bore is smaller than the v8 TB bore which could cause some nasty turbulence
so you would probably lose some of the benefits, or really run crappy. One
of my projects is to get a v8 TB and polish it up, pull the intake and have
it bored to match then have a piece of sheet steel tack welded to the bottom
of the intake so hot oil won't get splashed up onto the bottom of the
intake. But that would be something I would do while on vacation.

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ