Re: Magnum Performance in Houston TX

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 09:25:44 EST

donny_m_hayes@yahoo.com writes:

> Well he should hire a salesman then...for some of his
> prices, surely he can afford it. Plus think of the
> sales he would get by having someone besides himself
> answering the phone.
>
> My experience:
> Called to buy TB and possibly other items (knew that
> it was gonna cost, ready to spend $1000-$2000).
> Explained what I had (98 RT, stock other than JBA
> headers).
> After being berated for adding the headers and
> generally told how stupid I was for doing so, all I
> could get out of him is that I needed a TB. So I ask,
> which one? "well when you are ready to buy, call
> back". I was ready to buy..I had the catolog and
> asked about the Superbore and the teflon coatings,
> etc. Seemed too busy to take my money. Maybe you
> just have to catch him on the right day or something.
> Good luck, if you can deal with him, I do think he can
> put together a fast package...
>
> Donny M Hayes
> 00 SLT 4.7 auto

Yeah, I got the same crap. Called about some stuff for my V6 and he tells me
I can get 40HP out of a TB if I give him about a grand. At the time I was
hardly a guru on motors, but I knew that no single mod short of a power adder
would give me that kind of horsepower. I was prepared to buy headers, TB, 1.7
rockers, or other things dependent on the input I got from him. But after
being told to spend all my money on a TB, and that I'd get 40HP out of it, I
changed my mind and decided to buy elsewhere. He must think us DML guys are
bonehead idiots.

-Austin
Vipertruck