Re: Magnum Performance in Houston TX

From: TommFern@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 17:04:49 EST

mikeys01@flash.net writes:

<< I've been talking with these folks about doing some serious HP improvements
 on my truck. Anybody on the list had any "dealings" with these folks? Any
 comments about them pro or con would be appreciated; i.e. how did they treat
 you, how was their attitude, any problems with any work/parts, etc.

 Thx,

 You know I really shouldn't,but..
    I can give you 2 words to describe Jules- middle man. I don't know why
some of you guys hold him with such high regard. Can anyone tell me what new
parts he has designed for our trucks? His only claim to fame is his throttle
body. Big deal. Do you think there is some kind of voodoo magic in his? Ever
wonder why the 5.0 crowd and LT1/LS1 crowd dont't get very worked up over
T-bodies? Because there is simply not that much power to be found in them! I
know our trucks may respond a little more to that mod, but as much as the
hype I've seen on this board. I'm willing to bet that the other t-body borers
can make just as much HP or close enough not to justify the hype.
  So besides the t-body, what is it? Cams? You can pay Jules or you can go to
comp cams or crower and get the SAME cam for $100 bucks less,your chose.
Better yet, go to some body who has a full shop who can actually tell you
what your cam will do and does their OWN research.(Hughes ,Kammer and
Kammer,TICO,etc)
 Heads? Pay Jules, or go to West Side in Houston YOURSELF and have them do it
for you. Sans middle man.
 Do you want me to go on? I could. My point is that there are too many good
speed shops around that have the tools and money to test and develop new
products. These guys have been doing Mopars for years and are actually nice
on the phone and RACE what they sell. At the risk of offending someone, the
only guys I know who go to Jules are either old guys who have a ton of money
and just don't care or young guys who just don't know any better.
 Do you really want to trust a guy who massages a STOCK t-body and can then
try to justify selling it to you for $2000???
Tom(11s dak)