Re: Question on Crate's

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 16:48:51 EST

The other option is, again, the Holley Projection system. It allows for
custom fuel curves that you can program right on your PC. Insert the floppy
into the FI control box and upload the new curve (download as well to floppy
and check it on your PC). It's a really good system for the price. I
personally had the one of the original Holley Projection-II systems on my
old Camaro and was able to fine tune the system...even with only 11" at idle
(CompCam 290). After replacing (downgrading) the cam with the 280 grind,
for streetablity, I was able to pull 16mpg from the beast. Just for
comparison, I used to run a Holley 750 Dbl-Pumper, Holley 850 Vacuum
Secondary, Holley 900 "Custom" Vacuum Secondary (Built by Barry Grant Fuel
Systems), and then the Projection system. Hands down, the projection beat
them all in cold-start, fuel economy, power, and driveability.

$0.02

- Bernd