Re: intake stuff......

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 23:20:33 EST

Clay Cooke wrote:

> Well after putting my Top Gun nitrous kit on my 5.9 Ram I have a
> problem/question/opinions wanted thing going....
>
> the plate is 0.75" tall, and with the rams there is a limit as to how much
> air cleaner you can fit, so my "functional" (really just cold air) kit
> from Pro-finish-Pro-Glass will not fit right now. (this was basically a
> fiberglass piece that used the K&N FIPK around it) I can mill down the

Hey Clay - I've got a real easy answer for you! Just swap the K&N for one of
those Edelbrock Pro-Flo(?) jobs. The ones that are triangular shaped and take
air in from the top - basically a reusable/washable foam filter with a steel
screen around it. This way you could keep your exact same setup and even get
the cold air to boot! It should fit inside of where the K&N was since it is
much smaller. Airflow? Mine feels like it outflows the K&N - and it even
growls louder 8-) I've saved the best part for last - it looks awesome! See
my pix on my MPI install page. Now my wife wants one on hers (2 K&N FIPKs
might be for sale real soon 8-) after I took her for a ride in mine. I hit 4
grand for the first time since the MPI install and HOLY SH#$! that thing pulls
like crazy! It felt like someone slipped some juice in there 8-))

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/Coil/Wires/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"