AH!!!!!!! I need to vent, There goes another amp!

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 23:26:46 EST

Well, I get a new amp (RF Power 250.2-retails at 1,299) and I hook it up to
my 4-12" ppi subs. it's been since thursday night and today. I was going to
go pick up my little sisters from school and I'm finally out of the
"break-in" period for the subs and amp so I start turning the gains up a
little and go bumping. My it's loud.

That's the good part. 5 seconds later. SMOKE! All around the dakota's
cabin. I start freaking out because it is so bad, I can't see a thing.
Anyways. The RF amp is fried. Sending it in for repairs but this is bugging
me. that's 2 amps that has burnt on me and all the connections are correct.
I just don't get it.
-Dester