Re: intake stuff......

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 11:39:31 EST

"Bernd D. Ratsch" wrote:

> Just be careful with the Pro-Flow filter. One stack fire and the foam melts
> onto your TB.

Whats a stack fire? If you mean back fire - I'm not too worried about that as
I've never had one in over 5 years with 4 different trucks and over 250,000
combined miles..

> It happened to a buddy of mine so just be ware.

Thanks - I'll keep that in mind. Does he have a late model (95 or later) Mopar
Magnum engine? Or even another sequential port fuel injected motor? Assuming
injector and ignition timing has not been modified from stock specs - it
shouldn't happen. How many of you with one (late mag) has had backfiring
(actual fire in the intake) problems? Not really an issue for me but for Clay
possibly because he is injecting both NOS and fuel at the top of his intake. Of
course if you light that mixture - your air cleaner won't be your biggest
problem 8-)). These are some of the things you accept when running NOS.
Personally, I prefer all motor.

> (Also, if
> the plastic brace under the foam breaks, you risk sucking the foam into the
> TB as well.)

Mine has no plastic there at all - just steel and foam. Good point tho.

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/Coil/Wires/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"