Re: MPI Intake P5249816

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 17:09:14 EST

Bob Tom wrote:

> At 12:25 AM 3/6/00 -0600, you wrote:
> >I am thinking of going with this intake on my 95 Dakota. Can anyone
> >give me any info on what is involved to make this swap work and if it
> >is worth the effort? Tom Carey
>
> Hi, Tom
>
> Jon Steiger (Dak admin) has put an installation kit together for
> putting in the MPI in the Dakotas.
>
> The installation guide on-line is at:
>
> http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/www/dakota/upgrades/mpi
>
> Information about the install kits and an order form is at:
>
> http://www.dakota-truck.net/mpi

It would be prudent to seriously consider purchasing one of these kits. I
had already started collecting parts for mine before Jon finished the kit
but in hindsight - I wished I had it during the install. Even after 2
weeks of collecting parts, I still had to pause the install and made 4
trips to autoparts stores and home improvement type stores in order to
complete my install of the MPI. Good thing I had a friend over with an
extra vehicle or I would have been walking 8-)

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/Coil/Wires/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"