Final Update; CVs, etc

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 00:11:12 EST

Well I went and picked up the cv joint assembly and the shop did a really
ncie job on it, very clean and they used some nice thick and heavy boots.
Not a sign of cv joint/boot grease anywhere where it is not supposed to be.
I finished cleaning all the grease off of the passenger's side of the
undercarriage, it was everywhere. I slid the cv joint assembly back in,
matched the splines back up in the spindle/hub area and put the
large(1-1/4") shaft nut back on along with all the washers, and a shiny new
cotter pin...yippie. I used some Loctite on the 6 axle flange bolts and
tightened them back up. I re-installed the passenger's side Bilstein shock;
the holed where the original stock bolt broke off on the control arm I am
now using a 7/16"x3" Grade 8 bolt with some washers and a lock nut.
Everything really went great on re-installation. Thank goodness I didnt have
to dish out $315 for a new lower control arm nor really any absurb amounts
of cash for the cv boot assembly. Total cost for 'fixing' the broken shock
bolt, having the cv joint assembly 'rebuilt', came to a mere $80. Taking the
cv joint assembly was so easy, and I didnt even have air tools! My Dak is a
Back!!!!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6