Re: TB Spacer on EBAY item279481611

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 10:22:17 EST

In a message dated 3/9/00 10:16:15 AM Eastern Standard Time,
stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu writes:

> From what I've heard, the only way these TB spacers make your truck
> faster is by removing some of the weight from your wallet... ;-)
> I seem to recall someone (Bernd I think?) getting one just to test it out
> and discovering that it did nothing at all. IMHO, you'd probably be
better
> off applying the cash to a proven mod.
>

> -Jon-

The only vehicles I can see this working on are premags. Carbed or TBI
engines may benefit from it by giving the A/F mixture more time to atomize,
well well as smoothening out the airstream. In an MPI vehicle it would
provide no advantages, as the fuel is introduced right before the combustion
chamber, and by the time the air travels all the way down the runners I would
think that the air is pretty "straight" already.

-Austin
Vipertruck